LAAMOX-CV DRY SYRUP
Laamox-CV-DS amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium oral suspension are an antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial infections. This combination is consisting of amoxicillin, which is a β-lactam antibiotic, and Potassium Clavulanate, which is a β-lactamase inhibitor. The Oral suspension is available in a 30 ml pack of pet bottles, well packed in a sunlight-proof carton.
AMOXICILLIN AND CLAVULANATE POTASSIUM USES:
Laamox-CV DS Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid is used to treat many infections like otitis media infections, strep throat, pneumonia, cellulitis, urinary tract infections, and animal bites.
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium combination is used in urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections, sinus infections, tonsillitis, infections due to cat scratches, in tuberculosis that is resistant to classical treatments of tuberculosis. Highly effective efficacy against amoxicillin-resistant bacteria that produce β-lactamase
AMOXICILLIN/CLAVULANATE DOSAGE :
Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium come in different dosage forms, Tablets, Dry syrups, Injectables, etc. In three dosage forms, it has a variety of different doses available according to age, weight, and load of bacteria in patients. There are some popular doses are given as:
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 200 mg-28.5 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 400 mg-57 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid:125 mg-31.25 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 250 mg-62.5 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 250 mg-125 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid:500 mg-125 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid:125 mg-31.25 mg/5 mL
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid:875 mg-125 mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 200 mg-28.5 mg/5 mL
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 250 mg-62.5 mg/5 mL
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 400 mg-57 mg/5 mL
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 600 mg-42.9 mg/5 mL
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid: 1000 mg-62.5 mg
Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium combination have some mild side effects like diarrhea, vomiting, and allergic reactions. It also increases the risk of yeast infections, headaches, and blood clotting problems.
In very rare cases cholestatic jaundice has been found associated with amoxicillin/clavulanic acid use.